Grandma’s cake (cake with cookies): presentation
I bring you the recipe of grandma’s cake or cake with cookies. A very simple cake to prepare and with an exquisite result. Do you have any birthdays in sight? Maybe a celebration? Or, simply, do you want to surprise your family with a delicious dessert? Keep reading because the result of this cake is worth it. The ingredients are few and very economical and, I assure you, your diners will float the plate and will not leave even the crumbs.
I hope this cake will evoke memories of your childhood and be encouraged to do it with your children. You will enjoy a fun afternoon of cooking and you will have one of the most traditional cakes I know.
- 400 ml milk
- 75 g of sugar
- 1 packet of flan (flanin – The child)
- 30 g of cookies
- Milk for dipping biscuits
- For Chocolate Coverage:
- 200 g of chocolate for desserts
- 200 ml cream or cream
- 15g butter
- Chocolate balls to decorate
- MOLD 29 CM X 20 CM
Grandma’s cake (cake with cookies): recipe preparation
Preparation of the flan:
- Place a small part of the milk, at room temperature, in a bowl and dissolve the flan sachet, stirring very well until no lumps remain.
- Place the rest of the milk in a saucepan and bring it to the fire along with the sugar and wait for it to boil. When the milk begins to boil, pour the custard mixture and stir with the sticks until it thickens. Once thickened, remove from heat.
Mounting the cake:
- Pour milk in a dish and wet the cookies one by one. You have to wet them fast so they get soaked, but do not get too wet. Place the cookies in a rectangular font covering the entire base. If you have any holes left, insert small pieces of biscuit so that the base is completely covered.
- Pour half the flan, approximately, on the basis of cookies. Spread well with a spatula. When you have the custard well spread, place another layer of cookies wet in milk. Make sure they look good together and, as in the previous step, if there is any hole left, stuffed with pieces of cookie.
- Finish pouring all the flan and spread it well with the spatula. Finish the cake with a third layer of cookies previously soaked in milk, as in the previous steps.
- Heat the cream or cream on the fire without boiling. Once hot, pour it into a bowl in which you have placed the chocolate covered or chopped chocolate desserts. Mix well until the chocolate melts completely and you have a very fine cream. Add the butter and mix again. With the butter, you will get a brilliant ganache.
- Pour the ganache on the cake of cookies, taking care to reach all the corners. Save the cake in the refrigerator for at least five or six hours to make it look good.
Tips for preparing grandma’s cake:
I suggest that you prepare the cake of the grandmother the day before so that a texture cake is much firmer. If you want to make the cake with more layers of biscuit, you have to make two envelopes of flan. To prepare the ganache always you have to put the same amount of cream or cream of milk that of chocolate.
If you like cookies cakes, I suggest you watch the Fabiola cake with cookies and this delicious Tiramisu easy .